Camara apologises

Wigan striker Henri Camara has apoligised to his boss Paul Jewell after Jewell was angry at his reaction to been substituted during the side's 1-0 win over Newcastle on Saturday. The African striker ignored Jewell and headed straight down the tunnel. Jewell issued a reprimand, describing the Senegal international's actions as "disrespectful" to his team-mates. "I was tired after a bad week. I was upset about Senegal not qualifying for the World Cup and had done a lot of travelling," said Camara.


Camara said the frustration had caused him to act as he did. "It is not normally in my character to show petulance, and this is the first time I reacted like that to being substituted," he said. "I live to score goals and when I don't, I get frustrated. "But the manager was right to take me off." Camara said he had the "utmost respect" for Jewell.

"He is a great coach and I want to fit into what's happening at Wigan. "I've put this behind me and am just concentrating on scoring goals for Wigan." Jewell was happy to accept Camara's apology, confirming: "Henri came to apologise to me and as far as I'm concerned the matter is closed."

Good news for all at Wigan football club because if he hadn't apologised then he certainly wouldn't of been playing in the clubs next game away to Aston Villa. Camara has been in great form so far with Wigan and has helped fire them all the way up to sixth in the table.

 

0 comments: