Ireland signs new deal with Blues

Irish midfielder Stephen Ireland has extended his stay at Manchester City by signing a new four year deal with the club. The promising 19-year-old made his debut with the senior team in the defeat to Bolton last month. He has now made six appearances in total and is expected to feature in the game against Aston Villa on Monday. "I am delighted with the contract - I spoke to the gaffer and said that I wanted to stay as long as I possibly could," he told the club's website. "To get an extension through to 2009 is absolutely brilliant for me. I want to stay here, keep playing and keep proving myself."


Great news for City because Ireland has proved he has got alot of ability in the first team. It is also good news for Ireland because I'm sure he would of been hoping for the offer of a new deal to come. Ireland has been playing extremly well for City in the last month or so and has been awarded two man of the match awards.

 

0 comments: